Industrial Flooring Experts
- Suitable for both wet and dry working environments
- Can be stean cleaned to kill bacterias
- No seams or joins
- Can last well over 10 years
The meat processing industry has crucial health and safety requirements that need to be met consistently. The meat processing floor has a unique type of work that takes place on it, and therefore needs to have certain properties. Here at PSC Flooring Ltd, we have worked with the meat processing industry for years, and have the perfect flooring solution for sites.
These types of spillages will naturally occur often in the meat processing industry, but unless you have a suitable flooring, safety of your employees can easily become compromised. Our resin flooring boasts anti-slip properties for both wet and dry conditions, so you can rest easy knowing the risk of employee falls or slips at work is low with Polyurethane flooring. This flooring can also be cleaned by temperatures of up to 120 degrees – so you can be sure to kill off any harmful bacteria in the workplace. Polyurethane gives a seamless resin flooring that is the ideal choice for the meat processing industry, and will offer your site an anticipated life span of up to twenty years.
Meat processing and abattoir floors are very unique and have special requirements. These floors are regularly wet or immersed in water, blood, fat, animal waste or chemicals. Owing to their acidic nature animal fat and proteins will attack and corrode unprotected concrete, thus weakening its structure and cause it to break down.
Specific requirements for meat processing and abattoir environments
- Abattoir floors must be anti-slip in both dry and wet conditions
- Abattoir floors must be hygienic and seamless and not support bacteria and microbial growth
- Abattoir floors require high compressive strength to withstand heavy loads and abrasion
- Abattoir floors have to be resistant to animal fats and a range of chemicals
- Abattoir floors must be capable of being thoroughly de-greased, cleaned and sanitised
- Abattoir floors must provide a safe, robust working substrate for foot and wheeled traffic
Therefore, polyurethane resin screeds are is the chosen product for floors in meat processing and abattoir facilities.
Polyurethane RT and HF resin floors are a must for this industry owing to their chemical and physical properties.
Polyurethane RT and HF screeds offer the maximum anti slip properties to make them ideal in abattoirs.
Polyurethane RT and HR resin can be steam cleaned up to 120 degrees which will kill any harmful bacteria but will not affect the integrity of the resin floor. Therefore as resin screeds are also seamless they are very hygienic for abattoirs where cleanliness and hygiene levels are very high.
Polyurethane resin is exceptionally hard wearing, with excellent impact and abrasion qualities and can withstand heavy loads and are completely impervious throughout.
Polyurethane RT and HR resin screeds are categorised by FeFRA as a type 8 floor which is the highest rating resin floor finish and is suitable in use in very heavy duty working environments with an anticipated life span of well over 10 years.
At PSC Flooring we pride ourselves on using our expert knowledge to make sure you get the best floor coating for your working environment. We have over 30 years in the flooring industry and our friendly team is waiting for your call on 01562 702047.
PSC Flooring Ltd. – Industrial Flooring Contractors
Advantages of installing a polyurethane resin floor in a meat processing and abattoir
- Seamless abattoir flooring
- Easily cleanable abattoir floor up to 120 degrees
- Very hard wearing, withstanding heavy loads
- Hygienic & seamless
- Can be laid to falls to help drainage
- Anti-slip floor in wet and dry working conditions..