Anti-Slip Resin Flooring Experts
As a rule, meat processing and abattoir facilities require the highest levels of hygiene standards. Therefore, an unprotected concrete floor will be of no use in meeting these important health and safety standards. So, a suitable meat processing flooring is essential. Due to us being leading industrial flooring contractors, we can help.
Generally, meat processing and abattoir floors are very unique. As a result of floors being regularly wet or immersed in water, blood, fat, animal waste, or chemicals, the floor has special requirements. Due to their acidic nature, animal fat and proteins will attack and corrode unprotected concrete. As a consequence of this, the floor’s structure can weaken and cause it to break down.
Specific Requirements for Meat Processing and Abattoir Environments
- They must be anti-slip in both dry and wet conditions
- Secondly, floors must be hygienic and seamless and also not support bacteria and microbial growth
- They also require high compressive strength to withstand heavy loads and abrasion
- Floors in abattoirs additionally have to be resistant to animal fats and a range of chemicals
- Additionally, abattoir floors must also be capable of being thoroughly de-greased, cleaned and sanitised
- Lastly, they must provide a safe, robust working substrate for foot and wheeled traffic
As a result of the strict requirements, Polyurethane RT and HF resin floors are a must for this industry.
Moreover, polyurethane RT and HF screeds offer the maximum anti slip properties. Therefore making them ideal in abattoirs.
Additionally, polyurethane RT and HR resin can be steam cleaned up to 120 degrees. Consequently killing any harmful bacteria, however not affecting the integrity of the resin floor. Therefore, as resin screeds are also seamless, they are very hygienic for abattoirs. Especially, where cleanliness and hygiene levels are very high.
Also, polyurethane resin is exceptionally hard wearing. In fact, it has excellent impact and abrasion qualities. Hence it can withstand heavy loads which leads to it being completely impervious throughout.
Polyurethane RT and HR resin screeds are categorised by FeFRA as a type 8 floor. This is in fact the highest rating resin floor finish. As a result of this, it is also suitable in use in very heavy duty working environments. Along with an anticipated life span of well over 10 years.
At PSC Flooring, we pride ourselves on using our expert knowledge to make sure you get the best floor coating for your working environment. We have over 30 years in the flooring industry, and therefore can offer you expert advice. Our friendly team is waiting for your call on 01562 702047.
PSC Flooring Ltd. – Industrial Flooring Contractors
Advantages of installing a polyurethane resin floor in a meat processing and abattoir
- Seamless abattoir flooring
- Easily cleanable abattoir floor up to 120 degrees
- Very hard wearing whilst also withstanding heavy loads
- Hygienic & seamless
- Can be laid to falls to help drainage
- Anti-slip floor in wet and dry working conditions.