Anti-Slip Resin Flooring Experts
Meat processing and abattoir facilities require the highest levels of hygiene standards. An unprotected concrete floor will be of no use in meeting these important health and safety standards. Therefore, suitable meat processing flooring is essential.
Meat processing and abattoir floors are very unique and have special requirements. These floors are regularly wet or immersed in water, blood, fat, animal waste or chemicals. Owing to their acidic nature, animal fat and proteins will attack and corrode unprotected concrete. As a result, it will weaken its structure and cause it to break down.
Specific Requirements for Meat Processing and Abattoir Environments
- Abattoir floors must be anti-slip in both dry and wet conditions
- Abattoir floors must be hygienic and seamless and not support bacteria and microbial growth
- Abattoir floors require high compressive strength to withstand heavy loads and abrasion
- Abattoir floors have to be resistant to animal fats and a range of chemicals
- Abattoir floors must be capable of being thoroughly de-greased, cleaned and sanitised
- Abattoir floors must provide a safe, robust working substrate for foot and wheeled traffic
Therefore, polyurethane resin screeds are the chosen product for meat processing flooring and abattoir facilities.
Polyurethane RT and HF resin floors are a must for this industry, owing to their chemical and physical properties.
Polyurethane RT and HF screeds offer the maximum anti slip properties, making them ideal in abattoirs.
Polyurethane RT and HR resin can be steam cleaned up to 120 degrees. This will kill any harmful bacteria, but will not affect the integrity of the resin floor. Therefore, as resin screeds are also seamless, they are very hygienic for abattoirs. Especially, where cleanliness and hygiene levels are very high.
Polyurethane resin is exceptionally hard wearing, with excellent impact and abrasion qualities. It can withstand heavy loads and is completely impervious throughout.
Polyurethane RT and HR resin screeds are categorised by FeFRA as a type 8 floor. This is the highest rating resin floor finish. It is also suitable in use in very heavy duty working environments, with an anticipated life span of well over 10 years.
At PSC Flooring, we pride ourselves on using our expert knowledge to make sure you get the best floor coating for your working environment. We have over 30 years in the flooring industry, and our friendly team is waiting for your call on 01562 702047.
PSC Flooring Ltd. – Industrial Flooring Contractors
Advantages of installing a polyurethane resin floor in a meat processing and abattoir
- Seamless abattoir flooring
- Easily cleanable abattoir floor up to 120 degrees
- Very hard wearing, withstanding heavy loads
- Hygienic & seamless
- Can be laid to falls to help drainage
- Anti-slip floor in wet and dry working conditions..