Anti-Slip Resin Flooring Experts
Cheese and dairy facilities require the highest levels of hygiene standards. An unprotected concrete floor will be of no use in meeting these important health and safety standards. Therefore, an appropriate cheese and dairy flooring solution is essential.
Cheese and dairy floors are very unique and have special requirements. These floors are regularly wet or immersed in water, milk, fat, brine and whey. Owing to their acidic nature, diary fat, milk and proteins will attack and corrode unprotected concrete. As a result, weakening its structure and cause it to break down.
Specific Requirements for Cheese and Dairy Manufacturing Facilities
- Floors must be anti-slip in both dry and wet conditions
- Floors must be hygienic and seamless and not support bacteria and microbial growth
- Floors require high compressive strength to withstand heavy loads and abrasion
- Floors have to be chemically resistant to milk, dairy fats, oils, and grease
- Floors must be capable of being thoroughly de-greased, cleaned and sanitised
- Floors must provide a safe, robust working substrate for foot and wheeled traffic
Polyurethane resin screeds are chemically resistant. They give the maximum protection again milk, and other dairy products, which can be acidic by nature.
Polyurethane RT and HF resin floors are a must for cheese and dairy floors, owing to their chemical and physical properties.
Polyurethane RT and HF screeds offer the maximum anti slip properties. This makes them ideal in giving protection against milk, grease, fat and water.
Cheese and dairy floors can be subject to extremes of heat, therefore any floor must be thermal shock resistant, especially near the ovens. Polyurethane screed floors are very durable and offer excellent thermal protection. They can withstand direct temperatures up to 120 degrees, or up 130 degrees at 12mm.
Polyurethane RT and HR resin can be steam cleaned up to 120 degrees. This will kill any harmful bacteria, but will not affect the integrity of the resin floor. Therefore, as resin screeds are also seamless, they are very hygienic where cleanliness and hygiene levels are very high.
Polyurethane resin is exceptionally hard wearing, with excellent impact and abrasion qualities. It can withstand heavy loads and are completely impervious throughout.
Polyurethane RT and HR resin screeds are categorised by FeFRA as a type 8 floor, which is the highest rating resin floor finish. It is suitable in use in very heavy duty working environments with an anticipated life span of well over 20 years in an industrial kitchen.
This product is complemented by coving and render, to allow for a smooth transition from wall to floor. This makes cleaning easy, whilst providing a seamless “box” finish for high sterile processes in the food industry.
At PSC Flooring Ltd, we always apply our expert knowledge to your businesses needs. We will also select the perfect floor coating for your working environment. If you would like to know more about our range of floorings, or discuss your needs with one of our helpful team, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01562 702047.
PSC Flooring Ltd. – Industrial Flooring Contractors
Advantages of Installing a Polyurethane Resin Floor in a Cheese and Dairy Facility
- Easily cleanable and can be steamed cleaned to 120 degrees at 9mm thick
- Excellent thermal properties, can withstand direct heat up to 120 degrees
- Very hard wearing, withstanding heavy loads
- Chemically resistant
- Can be laid to falls to help drainage
- Excellent anti-slip properties in wet and dry working conditions.