Anti-Slip Resin Flooring Experts
Having the correct floor in a commercial kitchen is vital. More and more commercial kitchens are choosing a resin screed as their preferred floor as sheet vinyl can rip and tear and the welded joints can come undone, all posing a health and safety threat and can harbour bacterial growth.
A commercial kitchen floor requires unique characteristics to meet the highest health and safety standards.
Specific requirements for commercial kitchen environments
- Commercial kitchen flooring must be anti-slip in both dry and wet conditions
- Commercial kitchen floors must be hygienic and seamless and not support bacteria and microbial growth
- Commercial kitchen floors require high compressive strength to withstand heavy loads and abrasion
- Commercial kitchen floors have to be resistant to oils, grease and food stuffs
- Must be capable of being thoroughly de-greased, cleaned and sanitised
- Commercial kitchen floors must provide a safe, robust working substrate for foot and wheeled traffic
- Commercial kitchen floors must offer excellent thermal protection, especially close to the ovens
Polyurethane RT and HF resin floors are a must for commercial kitchens owing to their chemical and physical properties.
It is common in commercial kitchen to have sauces, grease, flour, oils, baking soda, yeast, icing sugar and butter which can be highly slippery underfoot and create a health and safety hazard. Therefore it is vital to have a floor that is slip resistant in both wet and dry conditions. Polyurethane RT and HF screeds offer the maximum anti slip properties to make them ideal in commercial kitchens.
Commercial kitchen floors can be subject to extremes of heat, so any floor must be thermal shock resistant, especially near the ovens. Polyurethane screed floors are very durable and offer excellent thermal protection and can withstand direct temperatures up to 120 degrees or up 130 degrees at 12mm.
Polyurethane RT and HR resin can be steam cleaned up to 120 degrees which will kill any harmful bacteria but will not affect the integrity of the resin floor. Therefore as resin screeds are also seamless they are very hygienic where cleanliness and hygiene levels are very high.
Polyurethane resin is exceptionally hard wearing, with excellent impact and abrasion qualities and can withstand heavy loads and are completely impervious throughout.
Polyurethane RT and HR resin screeds are categorised by FeFRA as a type 8 floor which is the highest rating resin floor finish and is suitable in use in very heavy duty working environments with an anticipated life span of well over 20 years in a commercial kitchen.
This product is complemented by coving and render to allow for a smooth transition from wall to floor. This makes cleaning easy, whilst providing a seamless “box” finish for high sterile processes in the food industry.
Weather you are looking for a new kitchen floor or a floor for any other industrial environment we will ensure you get the best finish to suit your companies needs. To discuss our floor coatings in more detail and to get expert advice from our helpful team at PSC Flooring please give us a call on 01562 702047.
PSC Flooring Ltd. – Industrial Flooring Contractors
Advantages of installing a polyurethane resin floor in a commercial kitchen
- Seamless commercial kitchen flooring
- Easily cleanable and can be steamed cleaned to 120 degrees at 9mm thick
- Excellent thermal properties, can withstand direct heat up to 120 degrees
- Very hard wearing, withstanding heavy loads
- Chemically resistant
- Can be laid to falls to help drainage
- Anti-slip commercial kitchen floor in wet and dry working conditions